Parade Home Update! Progress On Our 2015 Lancaster Parade Of Homes Entry In Manheimby Kuhrich on Thursday, February 5, 2015
Hey Friends, it’s time for an update on our Parade-Home-In-Progress For The 2015 Lancaster Parade Of Homes.
As we stated last month, we will be doing monthly updates up until June on our 2015 Lancaster Parade of Homes entry in Manheim to allow you to witness and experience the progressive journey of a custom-designed-and-built home. This is a very custom shingle-style home incorporating all kinds of cool modern amenities, including a central vac system and a tech closet…something becoming more and more and more popular these days.
Well, it’s been a busy month for our hard working crew of polar bears on the Parade Home. Enduring the cold and working around the snow, we’ve gotten a lot accomplished over the past month:
– We installed faux slate with copper flashing on the roof. Copper flashing, incidentally, lasts longer than the standard aluminum flashing, which makes it ideal for installing faux slate.
– HVAC, electrical and plumbing rough-ins completed
– Drywall has been hung and finishing is completed (isn’t that redundant?).
– We installed interior trim and got it all prepped for painting.
– We started the siding and exterior trim and it’s now partially done.
– Lot grading and storm water improvements have now been completed. Storm water drainage is so very important for any home lot, and the drainage plan must meet required standards. For more info on this, check out our blog post “Dealing With Storm Water” from this past September.
We hope you enjoy our continued updates and the pictures:) Follow our progress on our Manheim Parade Home through June right here on our blog and on our Facebook page!