Tips For Designing Your Dream Bathroomby CustomHomes on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
When it comes to the bathroom, functionality and aesthetics are the two factors that every homeowner strives for. Besides the kitchen and the bedroom, the bathroom is one of the most trafficked rooms in the home. While the main purpose of such a space is to aid in hygienic applications, the room is often also used as an area of solace and retreat. It really doesn’t matter the size of the room; as long as the space reflects you style and suits your family’s needs while also being beautiful to look at, it can become your dream bathroom.
Tips for Designing Your Dream Bathroom:
- Choose your Colors Wisely: Colors are so emotive; tones have the ability to change your mood while also altering the ambiance of the space. When designing your bathroom choose the colors that will create the atmosphere that you are seeking. Earthy tones promote feelings of warmth and comfort, while pastel colors invite softness and calm and more vibrant colors exude strength and confidence.
- Minimize Clutter: Clutter is a no-no in a dream bathroom, you shouldn’t be tripping over toys or housing your lotions and potions on the sink. Minimize clutter by only keeping the things that you are using presently in the bathroom. Store all of the extra towels and supplies in hideaway closets or in another room, and keep all toiletries in drawers and cabinets.
- Create Unison: Choose towels, rugs, accent pieces and a shower drapery that complements the color on your walls. This will create uniformity and appeal.
- Light it Up: No one likes a dull looking bathroom, options such as track lighting or beautiful wall scones work wonders in the bathroom, also, take advantage of outside light if you can.
- Place Mirrors Strategically: If your bathroom is on the small side, you can create the illusion of bigness by strategically placing a small collection of mirrors on the wall.
To create your dream bathroom, you will have to determine the floor plan of the space and work with it. Whether it’s a matter of home improvement or you’re designing from scratch for a new home, with careful planning, a clear vision and an eye for design, any bathroom can be transformed into a functional oasis.